Mon, Apr 11|
Atwood Memorial Center - Rehearsal Room
PHS- Matt Luczak's "Waking Night" Auditions
Creative Team: Matthew Luczak, Breana Burggraff, Megan Myers
Time & Location
Apr 11, 2022, 6:30 PM – 7:20 PM
Atwood Memorial Center - Rehearsal Room, 651 1st Ave S, St Cloud, MN 56301, USA
About the Event
Written by: Matthew Luczak
After Alex Keys discovers his ex-love Eve Lawrence has been kidnapped, he is plagued by visions and memories of their past relationship. Believing these to be a sign of her reaching out for him to save her, he soon finds himself consumed by the mystery of her sudden and seemingly untraceable disappearance. But the more he searches, the more his reality starts to crumble, until he’s left facing the one thing he both fears and needs most. The truth.
- Alex Keys (Male): 25-35 year old man with a good job and a seemingly normal life. As the story unfolds, his truth is relayed and becomes unreliable. He is the main character and much of the story is placed on his shoulders. (Intimacy note: role requires blocked intimacy/kissing, level of undress: shirt off)
- Eve Lawrence (Female): Alex’s previous lover. Smart and intuitive. She is kidnapped, but her unknown inner strength keeps her from breaking. (Intimacy note: role requires blocked intimacy/kisses)
- Rachelle Bond (Female): A fun and quirky lady. Co-worker to Alex for whom she shows a romantic interest. (Intimacy note: role requires blocked intimacy/kissing)
- Detective Martin: A veteran detective in charge of the search for Eve. Has a calm demeanor and is confident the perpetrator will come to the surface.
- Detective Reyes: Newer detective. Headstrong and will follow their instinct more than they should.
- The Stranger (Male): Kidnapper of Eve Lawrence. Incarnation of jealousy and desire. (Intimacy note: role requires blocked intimacy/kiss)
- Chris (Male): Alex’s best friend. Cares deeply for Alex and tries to help him through his emotional descent.
- Dr. Zavier: Therapist whom Alex visits and helps unravel the mystery in which Alex finds himself.
- Kate Kinkaide (Female): Eve’s current partner who meets an early brutal end.
- Newsreporter/Radio Host: Journalist. Provides details on the Eve Lawrence case.
The script Waking Night contains some difficult subject matter, including a graphic depiction of violent imagery, instances of physical and psychological abuse, emotional manipulation, violence, sexual references, and language.
In regards to safety:
As of now, Pale Horse Studio’s production of “Waking Night” will require all members of our production team, cast, and crew, to be fully vaccinated. For actors, vaccination proof will need to be presented by the time of their audition. For crew and production team members, proof is needed before officially working on the film. Acceptable forms of vaccination proof include the presentation of your photo ID along with one of the following:
- Your physical completed vaccination card
- A photograph of your completed vaccination card
- Proof of your completed vaccination as shown on the Docket app
As of now, masks that are properly secured (over the mouth and nose) will be required for all regular rehearsals. According to recent scientific studies, 3-ply surgical masks, KN95, or N95 masks are more effective than single cloth masks at protecting against COVID-19. Masks are to be worn at all times. The only exceptions are:
- For actors blocking a kiss during a closed-set intimacy rehearsal
- During breaks, only when eating or drinking
Technical rehearsals and shoots will require masking for all members of the crew and production team. All actors must mask when they are not “on camera” for a scene.
We will continue to monitor COVID cases in our area. As new information becomes available to us, we may alter our masking requirements later in the process.
**Callbacks/Cast Meeting will be Thursday, April 14th from 6:30pm - 8:30pm at SCSU's Atwood Memorial Center - Rehearsal Room**